Monday, February 27, 2006

Cheney on the go

Insight Magazine says Cheney is leaving after the 2006 elections because he is increasingly a "liability" to Bush. Here's to making the next seven months the most miserable of this man's life. (via Huffington Post).

UPDATE:

While we're at it, let's see how Bush is doing...mmm, hmm, mmm, tap, tap, click:
The latest CBS News poll finds President Bush's approval rating has fallen to an all-time low of 34 percent, while pessimism about the Iraq war has risen to a new high.
UPDATE:

But the big-headed insiders know all - Wonkette is taking bets, in fact - here's the take from New York: Bush takes loyalty over political gain. So, what do you call this?

...Another explanation comes from a longtime friend and political adjutant to Bush, whom I e-mailed the other day. Wouldn’t the administration be better served politically, I asked, if Cheney were to be replaced?

“I hear you,” replied this person. “The answer is maybe, but it will never, ever, happen. In Bush World, loyalty trumps political gain every time.”

...George W. Bush may not be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but he’s not, you know, an idiot. So let us postulate that there might be something deeper, even Machiavellian, at work should he decide to stick with Cheney. Perhaps Bush sees no mileage in anointing a front-runner for the Republican nomination. Perhaps he prefers to keep the field jumbled, on the chance that a contender he likes better than anyone in the current crop were suddenly to enter the fray. Perhaps he thinks (or even knows) that the contender might be his brother Jeb.

Grover Norquist, among other Republican pros, doesn’t discount the possibility. “If Jeb Bush stepped into the race, I believe it would clear the field; it would be all over,” he says. “He’s the best governor in the country. And the argument against him running is that you can’t have a dynasty. But the one year when Jeb Bush can run and no one can seriously raise that argument is the year we’re running against Hillary Clinton.”
I can't stand Dick. But I can't stand moralists who turn loyalty into a political game - many people can't. It may very well be worth the Dems' time to tweak this loyalty theme.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fascist swine Cheney is history. So is Karl Rove.

By the way. Tomorrow is my birthday, and I already got a present I've been waiting for since...forEVAH.

And that is Bush's numbers. Finally down to 34 percent. I say, about time.

(No, I'm not going to tell you how old I am. But I will share with you that every single one of my childhood tormentors/abusers is now either DEAD or in an insititution for the criminally insane, or prison.)

Bottom line: He who laughs last, laughs best.

The days of the Republican fascist swine are numbered. I can feel the earth moving beneath my feet.

John Palcewski
http://www.palcewski.com/

Rodger A. Payne said...

I'm really looking forward to the 2008 elections. My first presidential election was 1980. I'm not a Republican, but the presence of a Bush on the ballot has been noteworthy on nearly every presidential ticket since I started voting: 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992, 2000 and 2004.

Add "or a Dole" after the word Bush and you can add 1976 (when I really started following elections) and 1996.
That's a clean sweep of every Republican ticket for the past 30 years!

I didn't always vote Dem, but I never voted for a Bush or a Dole at the top of the ballot.

helmut said...

Voting, for me, is like being the San Diego Padres fan that I am.