Thursday, September 21, 2006

French-Hating

SuperFrenchie:
I’ve said it over and over: there’s no nationality, or ethnicity, which you could safely say you hate on national TV and get away with it. Not the Mexicans, not the North Koreans, not the Iranians, nobody.

None. Except for the French.

It happened again yesterday. On Headline Prime News, formerly CNN Headline News, host Glenn Beck had the following:

ANNOUNCER: “Today’s episode of the show GLENN BECK is brought you to by France. Come to France, where we have lots of wine but zero spine. Viva la France. Sacre bleu.” […]

GLENN BECK - “Has the world learned anything? I’m convinced the French government is either the biggest group of idiots or they’re constantly drunk off of whatever they’re drinking, their Frenchy French wine. How many times does your country need to be overrun by evil before you finally get it, France?” […]

GLENN BECK - I mean, I don’t know about you, but I`m to a point where I can’t even keep up with all of the reasons I hate the French.” […]

ANNOUNCER: “And now reasons to hate the French.”

5 comments:

barba de chiva said...

This comment is brought to you by Glenn Beck, who I've had the misfortune of overhearing a time or two. Glenn Beck is an asshole. I cannot only not keep up, but I've never even bothered to enumerate all the reasons I hate Glenn Beck. In fact, I didn't even know the guy's name until I read this post. I just knew he was yer typical glossy news dick.

In a side note, I wish I could afford more Frenchy French Wine.

ballgame said...

Happily, the French are too sensible to care about the opinions of morons.

helmut said...

Did you look at the list at SuperFrenchie's site? Hardly anything to be ashamed of except for the American product versions that tack French onto their names.

Glen Beck appears to be a stupid asshole.

Anonymous said...

Talking of other Frenchy French wine, you oughta try Fat Bastard- it's a real french wine which is literally "unpretentious". Cheap too if you watch the sales.

http://www.fatbastardwine.com/about.htm

Yeah, and that Glenn Beck is a real prick. Why CNN gave this guy a soapbox is beyond me...

helmut said...

The real culprit is Busch beer, trying to disguise its hegemonic tendencies by placing a "c" in its name.