Monday, December 21, 2009

Bits and Pieces - December 21, 2009

Today is the solstice. It's officially the start of winter, but in my calculation we've had one wintry month already, with two to go, and now the days start getting longer. Reason enough for celebration!

James Traub had a summary of President Obama's foreign policy so far in yesterday's New York Times Week in Review. I thought about blogging it, but found it fairly lackluster. I've been feeling a bit beat down too by all the hollering about Obama's not having solved all the world's problems yet and no ponies either, and I'm not happy with my Obama post over the weekend. So here's David Shorr, doing a better job than either Traub or I did.

Jacob Hacker, who developed the idea of the public option, thinks that the health care reform bill should be passed. And here's Ezra Klein's response to Jane Hamsher.

Airlines will now be limited to three hours confinement of passengers on the ground when things go wrong.

An integrated school in Jerusalem.

Uh-oh. Looks like this is likely to be the next big uproar among the climate denialists.

No comments: