Thursday, March 18, 2010

Too Many Nuclear Weapons

Both in stockpiles and in current discussion. I had really hoped to get away from this subject, but with START and the Nuclear Posture Review coming to fruition, it's not going to happen for a while.

I saw "The Last Station" the other day. Besides the brilliant performances of Helen Mirren and Christopher Plummer, I loved the long shots of the scenery, which really did look like parts of Russia and Estonia, although the forests were clearly Germany. The understory vegetation was too grassy. So let's see what I can find in my photos of an Estonian forest understory.



Not quite what I'm thinking of; I think all of those photos are on film, unscanned. This one is on the north coast, on the glint (cliff) facing the sea. The ones I'm thinking of are inland.

Here's a lovely Yggdrasil-like oak near Pühajärv (Holy Lake).

No comments: