Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bits and Pieces - May 29, 2010

I have been very lazy today after a demanding week. Usually in "Bits and Pieces" I list links to stuff I've read. Today I've read some of it, but some of it looks like it might be worth reading, and I just haven't gotten to it. The most worthwhile thing I did today was reading some of the magazines in my dead-tree pile. Or maybe it was filling the birdfeeders and birdbath. I've been trying to convince some western tanagers to nest nearby. Didn't see them today, though. It's warmer than it's been, and they may have moved to the ponderosa altitude.

More volcanic eruptions, this time in Guatemala and Ecuador.

Correction of some bald-faced lies. The press is getting somewhat better at this.

Why does the right hate science?

This is peculiar; I need to check it out some more. Why is France sending uranium to Russia? Especially when Russia is sending enriched uranium to the US to be blended down and used in our civilian reactors. If your electricity comes from nuclear power, half of it is coming from former Soviet weapons.

Incidents of Jihadist Terrorist Radicalization in the United States Since September 11, 2001. I haven't had a chance to look at this yet, but Brian Jenkins is one of the best in this area.

No comments: