Sunday, April 03, 2011

Post in Progress

I'm writing some more on radiation standards and how they relate to risks. But as I was going through the material, I realized that there was one reference that I had to take into account. That's what is called BEIR VII, the evaluation of relevant scientific studies on the relationship between radiation exposure and biological damage. I've dipped into earlier versions, but I am skimming and reading this one so that I can feel sure I'm representing the science properly.

Meanwhile, Mark Hibbs reports on a panel at the Carnegie Nuclear Policy Conference. The post currently seems to be attributed to Jeffrey Lewis, but it was Mark who was on the panel, and his contribution is unmistakable.

Nuclear power kills fewer people than do other sources of electricity.

Thinking about risk can get mixed up with politics.

No comments: