Thursday, June 30, 2011

Keeping the Business Model Alive

Whew. I'm glad that the MSM has finally found someone with their hair on fire about the Las Conchas fire in the Jemez Mountains that's been threatening the Los Alamos National Laboratory. The reports from the fire chief and others in charge have been just too reality-based. I'd hate to see the MSM's business model wither and die.

I don't have a lot of time just now. I'll just say that anything POGO and Joe Cirincione say should be taken with a grain of salt.

Maybe a lot more than that.

Update: We can add Michio Kaku to that list.

1 comment:

chris said...

Thanks a million, I never get tired of hearing the voice of reason (I am a chemist and the public's science ignorance keeps me up nights)...last night KOAT had this stunning example of sensationalism: "Action 7 News Reporter Will Carr tells you how Los Alamos residents are sneaking back into town and bypassing road blocks tonight on Action 7 News at 10"
Of course there was a flame war on Facebook before the broadcast even aired. It turns out that 2 people, on bicycles, returned to Los Alamos in violation of the evacuation order.